EveryThink.org
Sign in to follow this  
Diaz

I have $1000 and i want to start a busines

I want to do something with my money, im still in school and other from being there 6 a day Monday to Friday, I can spend my free time on this. Im super motivated but I don't know where to start. Help!

Best thing you can do with your spare time and the money is to further educate yourself on business and entrepreneurship - if you haven't found your passion yet, then don't start a business...

Just now, Aaron said:

Best thing you can do with your spare time and the money is to further educate yourself on business and entrepreneurship - if you haven't found your passion yet, then don't start a business...

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I have all the skill, intelligence, and drive to run my own business, but even now after years of brainstorming I still can't settle on what the hell kind of business I should start.

Just now, Diaz said:

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I have all the skill, intelligence, and drive to run my own business, but even now after years of brainstorming I still can't settle on what the hell kind of business I should start.

Just to add to this great advice. Make sure your passion is entrepreneurship. Don’t build a business based on something you are passionate about.

Just now, Aaron said:

Just to add to this great advice. Make sure your passion is entrepreneurship. Don’t build a business based on something you are passionate about.

I don't understand ?

Just now, Diaz said:

I don't understand ?

See, passionate people start businesses for selfish reasons and not based on what the market wants. Make sure there is a spot for you in the market first above everything else.

Posted (edited)

Get a job in a company you’d like to possibly create one day. That way you make money and learn every nut and bolt of how it works. By the time you’re actually ready to start a company you’ve basically mastered the business.

Edited by Razor

Just now, Razor said:

Get a job in a company you’d like to possibly create one day. That way you make money and learn every nut and bolt of how it works. By the time you’re actually ready to start a company you’ve basically mastered the business.

Sure, get that job, but don't be fooled into thinking that just because you work at a particular place that automatically qualifies you to own and run that business.

Just now, Diaz said:

Sure, get that job, but don't be fooled into thinking that just because you work at a particular place that automatically qualifies you to own and run that business.

Yeah that "learn every nut and bolt about the business" part is definitely not something that happens automatically from doing a job somewhere.

Based on your interests and experience, think about how can you add value to someone else? Start there, then decide what and how you will charge to add that value. If you are unsure how to add value then start asking people what problems they have to see if you can find a way to fix them. It doesn't have to be complex.

I don't think you'll be able to start a business with $1000, but you can surly start the process of starting one. You'll eventually need more money to invest into your business. 

First things first, what do you want to do? What do you envision your business being? Do you have an idea of what it is you want to do?

Take 10% - 20% of your $1000 and invest it in stocks. Invest in quality companies. Then, by the time you have things figured out, you'll have even more money to play around with.

I'd start with dropshipping as far as a new venture.